My photo
Salem, Mass (Witch City) resident with deep southern roots! Love New England - let it snow! Still making up for all those years south! I'm a widow attempting to make merry but it is very hard. This is my way to vent, share, and talk about my path to finding happiness again. September 2006 I became a widow. My road out of the abyss of grief, guilt, and anger hasn't been easy but I'm clawing my way to something better. Seeing rays of hope and joy. Feel free to comment, share words of wisdom, or just read about my fairly mundane life. Slainte!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Arms of a Strong Man

In the past few weeks, my life has been tossed and turned upside down.  I am in a wonderful relationship with a man who cares deeply for me and just wants to make me happy.  My father, who was already ill, passed away suddenly.  I only returned from his memorial service on Wednesday night.  I can honestly say that if it were not for the support of my friends and family I would be in a lot worse shape at the moment.  I can say that the old axiom - you never know who your friends are until you need them - is very true.  I want to thank them all for just being there.  I need to thank that wonderful man in my life for keeping me sane and focused and giving me the strength to make the trip to Louisiana and back solo.  Oh he offered to go with me at least twice but we both knew this was not the time for him to make his first visit to my family.

Oh the arms of this strong, sensitive, loving man are such a blessing.  He holds me tight and lets me babble on. When I get too quiet, he also asks questions; probing so I will vent and start the healing process.  We ask ourselves each time we are together, how did we find each other? We have the same answer - fate, destiny! We are such a wonderful match in many, many ways.  We love and support one another and hopefully will continue to do so for a long time to come.  We are so lucky to have each other.

We are spending more and more time together with work and other obligations holding their places while we try to strike a balance.  Every time I see him, my heart sings.  Every time he leaves, I think how many hours until I see him again.

This is not all about sex either.  That would be too easy.  We truly enjoy one another.  Sometimes we just cuddle and watch movies and fall asleep in each other's arms.  There is a comfort we have with one another that neither of us expected so quickly.  Again, we shake our heads, say "fate" and smile in the glow around us.

Thank you to everyone who has been with me and continues to be as the grieving process continues.  Thank you especially to my guy...you know I love you.

1 comment: