My photo
Salem, Mass (Witch City) resident with deep southern roots! Love New England - let it snow! Still making up for all those years south! I'm a widow attempting to make merry but it is very hard. This is my way to vent, share, and talk about my path to finding happiness again. September 2006 I became a widow. My road out of the abyss of grief, guilt, and anger hasn't been easy but I'm clawing my way to something better. Seeing rays of hope and joy. Feel free to comment, share words of wisdom, or just read about my fairly mundane life. Slainte!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

How Bout Dem Saints!

Who Dat?!  Dat Who!  It all came true last Sunday night!  What an absolutely great football game.  I would have been perfectly happy with a well played game - meaning no blowout by Indy!  But who would have imagined at 31-17 win by the Saints!

The days of paper sacks and going to the game just for the sake of a party that might happen to be around a football game are gone.  That was my experience back in the '80s when we had season tickets.  I am still ecstatic with the win!  So proud of my hometown team! 

Now I'm wondering what will I ever do if the Saints and Patriots meet in a playoff or Super Bowl!  We know the Patriots lost to the Saints this season but it was just a regular season game, though I took a lot of ribbing from my friends and familia down in Louisiana.  Oh my - I guess I'd be happy no matter who won.   At least I have a few months to recover from all this excitement before the next NFL season begins!

I think the Saints know that most of the nation was cheering them on!  Patriot Nation was Who Dat Nation on Sunday night for sure.

Thank you Saints!  Thanks to my great friends, Lisa and Michelle, for sharing the experience and "raising the bar" at Sidelines! 

No comments:

Post a Comment